Thursday, October 2, 2008

Superpowers

If I could have any superpower, I would want to be able to fly. I have always wanted to know what it would be like to fly without the assistance of any sort of technology. It would be so much easier to visit relatives. I wouldn't have to pay for any air flights. I would be able to travel all over the world, and see so many things. I would experience all sorts of different cultures and be extremely knowledgeable on many different topics. Then I could impress my teachers with all my amazing knowledge.

I discarded all of the other superpowers for various reasons. Your mind is your sanctuary. No one should be allowed to invade that, and so I would not want to be able to read minds. I would not want to have super-human strength because it's not really that exciting. "Yay! I can open a pickle jar now!" just doesn't get me as excited as it might for other people. If I had laser eyes and could shoot people with them, I would be way too frightened. Plus, other people would be frightened of me and I could easily hurt someone. I would feel too much guilt with that kind of a power. I think that flying would be the superpower with the least amount of responsibility and guilt, while still being extremely enjoyable.

No comments: