Friday, October 31, 2008

Rant

I wake up in the morning to come to school. I am already thrilled about coming because of the fact that it's taken me away from my nice warm bed. Then I have to venture out into the cold in order to get to a destination that I am totally looking forward to going to. When I arrive, there it is. It's big, grey, monotonous, and devoid of any sort of life. Perfect! Even the statues out front are grey! To top it all of, in big, stupid letters that are extremely condescending, is the word "MAGGIE". Great, thanks a lot designers and architects. I would have forgotten that the nick name of my school is Maggie without your help. Hey, this way if I'm stumbling around drunk at 8:15 on Monday morning and can't remember what my school is called, or I can't find it because it's so grey that it just blends into its surroundings, I'll see "MAGGIE" and be saved! Hallelujah! I won't be late for class! Thank goodness the people who designed this realized that we would all be too stupid to actually remember what our school is called. Of course, it wouldn't occur to them that they could maybe use some colour to make it stand out so we can find it more easily. Thank you for your heartfelt concern and the wonderful choice of colours for this school. I just adore the fact that I feel like I'm walking into a jail in the mornings. It makes my day go so much better.

No comments: